Stars of their respective Indian Premier League (IPL) franchises, Chris Woakes, Johnny Bairstow, and Dawid Malan have reportedly pulled them out of the second leg of IPL 2021.
The event was set to resume in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) from 19th September to 15th October. Notably, the COVID outbreak in the Indian realm did not allow to proceed with the cash-rich league in India.
Soon, the Indian players and English players, who are part of the league, will reach the destination via chartered flights from the United Kingdom (UK) but missing on the trio is a huge blow for their particular teams as the top-notched players have a lot to render.
Bairstow is the crucial part of the Sun Risers Hyderabad whereas, Woakes and Malan are part of Delhi Capitals, Punjab Kings respectively for the IPL 2021.
The reports say if the trio fails to make it to the league, they will be replaced by Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler, and Jofra Archer who have pulled out of the 14th season. Notably, except Buttler, Stokes and Archer have been sidelined from England T20 World Cup squad.
Malan, Bairstow and Woakes revenge for their nation!
BCCI cancels 5th Test, the English trio opts out of IPL
The reports are saying that Woakes, Bairstow, and Malan might have opted out of IPL 2021 because of India’s denial to contest the last, Old Trafford Test versus England. The BCCI says that it is COVID spread in Indian camps to deny playing but to many, it looks like IPL, money is preferred over the national duties. You must read if Ind vs Eng Last Test is canceled because of COVID.
- Ashes 2021-22: James Anderson ruled out of first Test
- SHA vs DUB Live Score, Emirates D10 2021 Live Score, SHA vs DUB Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- JK vs DG Live Score, Lanka Premier League 2021 Live Score, JK vs DG Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- REN vs STR Live Score, Big Bash League 2021 Live Score, REN vs STR Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- JAR vs SPT Live Score, Bengal Inter District T20 Live Score, JAR vs SPT Dream11 Prediction, Lineup