Table of Contents
- Pakistan exit ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 after failing to meet net run-rate target against England.
- India secure top spot in group stage, set to face New Zealand in knockout semi-final at Wankhede Stadium.
- South Africa and Australia gear up for a high-stakes clash at Eden Gardens, Kolkata, vying for a spot in the final.
In a thrilling turn of events, the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023 has witnessed the confirmation of its four semi-finalists. Pakistan faced a bitter exit from the tournament as they fell short of the required net run-rate target against England in Kolkata during their last round-robin stage match. Despite the high stakes and a desperate need to restrict England to 100 runs, Pakistan’s hopes were dashed when Jos Buttler and his team posted an impressive 338, sealing their fate.
Meanwhile, the host nation, India, is set to claim the top spot in the group stage, regardless of the outcome of their final match against the Netherlands. With Rohit Sharma’s side gearing up to face New Zealand in a knockout semi-final on Wednesday, November 15, at the iconic Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai, anticipation is building. Interestingly, this venue had previously witnessed India’s dominating 302-run victory over Sri Lanka earlier in the tournament.
The excitement doesn’t end there, as the second semi-final is scheduled for the following day, featuring a showdown between South Africa and Australia at Eden Gardens in Kolkata on Thursday, November 16. The clash promises to be intense, with the winner earning the right to challenge either India or New Zealand in the final.
Speaking of the grand finale, cricket enthusiasts are eagerly marking their calendars for the 19th of November, when the World Cup final is slated to take place at Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad. The stadium is expected to be a bustling sea of over 100,000 fans, creating an electrifying atmosphere for the culmination of the 13th edition of this prestigious tournament.
All you need to know about World Cup 2023 semifinals
As the cricketing world braces itself for these upcoming clashes, the World Cup 2023 semifinals lineup reads as follows:
Semi-final 1: India vs New Zealand, Wednesday 15th November, Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
Semi-final 2: South Africa vs Australia, Thursday 16th November, Eden Gardens, Kolkata
Final: India / New Zealand vs South Africa / Australia, Sunday 19th November, Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad
- KS vs AEC Live Score, Kuwait T20 Elite Cup 2023 Live Score, KS vs AEC Live Score Updates
- SSS vs CRD Live Score, Nature Isle T10 2023 Live Score, SSS vs CRD Live Score Updates
- BAD vs PIC Live Score, ECS T10 Spain 2023 Live Score, BAD vs PIC Live Score Updates
- ABB vs KW Live Score, Pakistan T20 Cup 2023 Live Score, ABB vs KW Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- CJG vs PIC Live Score, ECS T10 Spain 2023 Live Score, CJG vs PIC Live Score Updates