Indian veteran women cricketer Jhulan Goswami has announced retirement from international cricket. She will play her last match at Lord’s Cricket Ground on 24th September against England in a One-Day International.
The Board of Control of Cricket in India (BCCI) named a squad for the three-match ODI series against England; meanwhile, Goswami released her statements, revealing that she will close her playing chapter with the series. The three-match ODI series starts on 18th September and ends on 24th September.
Jhulan has been an iconic bowler who made her name not only in Indian cricket but all across the world. The renowned bowler kick-started her career in 2002. To date, she has played 12 Tests, 201 ODIs, and 68 T20Is, grabbing 44, 252, and 56 wickets, respectively, in the formats.
She is retiring as the highest-wicket-taker in women’s cricket, having 352 wickets in all formats. Also, in ODIs, no woman bowler has more wickets than Goswami. The bowler, who will turn 40 this month, has featured India in six World Cups.
Undoubtedly, she is one of those cricketers who have played a massive role in uplifting India Women’s cricket. For her services, a movie will be released to pay tribute to her services. The biopic is named Chakda Xpress and will be played by Anushka Sharma.
Jhulan Goswami to play her final international match at Lord’s.
— SportsTiger (@sportstigerapp) August 20, 2022
- SLG vs ETR Live Score, ECS T10 Gibraltar 2023 Live Score, SLG vs ETR Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- KWN vs DDD Live Score, ICCA Arabian T20 League 2023 Live Score, KWN vs DDD Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- PRE vs CT Live Score, SA T20 League 2023 Live Score, PRE vs CT Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- Decision on Asia Cup 2023 delayed
- Twitter trends as Shahid Afridi once again relive Boom Boom moments with bat