The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has revealed its new strategy for the upcoming series and World Cup 2023, with a focus on fast bowlers. The board is determined to increase its pool of pacers, with the return of former player Mohammad Amir appearing more likely after his impressive performance in the BPL.
While Haider Ali, Asif Ali, and Khushdil Shah are expected to be left out, the chances of Imad Wasim’s return to the team have improved. The chief selector is reportedly seeking a return for the all-rounder. On the other hand, Shaheen Afridi is not seen as part of the long-term plans.
The selection committee is also looking for potential replacements for Naseem Shah and Mohammad Hasnain, who may be prone to cramping and injury. The board will work to prepare Mohammad Rizwan, Shadab Khan, and Imad Wasim for the captaincy slot of the national team.
With the ODI season in mind, the selection committee is also considering Iftikhar Ahmed, Kamran Ghulam, and Haris Sohail for the middle order. Haris Sohail is expected to perform well in this position, and the committee is reportedly open to working with foreign coaches, rather than domestic ones.
The PCB’s focus on fast bowlers and the preparation of key players for leadership positions are major steps towards ensuring a successful outing in the upcoming series and World Cup 2023.
- Islamabad United beat Kings to keep PSL 2024 playoff hopes alive
- Big blow to Sri Lanka as they begin T20 World Cup preparation
- BCCI excludes two players from central contracts
- NZ vs AUS Live Score, New Zealand vs Australia Live Score, NZ vs AUS Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- RAY vs SBS Live Score, KCC T20 Challenge Cup 2024 Live Score, RAY vs SBS Dream11 Prediction, Lineup