The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) has revealed its new strategy for the upcoming series and World Cup 2023, with a focus on fast bowlers. The board is determined to increase its pool of pacers, with the return of former player Mohammad Amir appearing more likely after his impressive performance in the BPL.
While Haider Ali, Asif Ali, and Khushdil Shah are expected to be left out, the chances of Imad Wasim’s return to the team have improved. The chief selector is reportedly seeking a return for the all-rounder. On the other hand, Shaheen Afridi is not seen as part of the long-term plans.
The selection committee is also looking for potential replacements for Naseem Shah and Mohammad Hasnain, who may be prone to cramping and injury. The board will work to prepare Mohammad Rizwan, Shadab Khan, and Imad Wasim for the captaincy slot of the national team.
With the ODI season in mind, the selection committee is also considering Iftikhar Ahmed, Kamran Ghulam, and Haris Sohail for the middle order. Haris Sohail is expected to perform well in this position, and the committee is reportedly open to working with foreign coaches, rather than domestic ones.
The PCB’s focus on fast bowlers and the preparation of key players for leadership positions are major steps towards ensuring a successful outing in the upcoming series and World Cup 2023.
Yasir Arafat gets a big role in PCB
- PIC vs FAR Live Score, European Cricket League T10 Live Score, PIC vs FAR Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- UP-W vs DEL-W Live Score, WPL 2023 Live Score, RCB-W vs UP-W Live Scorecard, UP-W vs DEL-W Dream11 Prediction, UP-W vs DEL-W Playing XIs
- SAF vs CIC Live Score, European Cricket League T10 Live Score, SAF vs CIC Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- PKE vs AAS Live Score, Mini Asia T10 Challenge 2023 Live Score, PKE vs AAS Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- CLT vs CCD Live Score, Assam Premier Club T20 2023 Live Score, CLT vs CCD Dream11 Prediction, Lineup