Wouldn’t be any more big news of the day onwards as Virat Kohli has decided to step down from the T20I captaincy of the India National Cricket Team after the T20 World Cup. The release is already trendy on the internet within a few minutes after Kohli announced his retirement.
Kohli, who has gathered a massive fan line-up over years, has been on verges to manage all formats load alone. Despite his contributions as a skipper leading him as one of the successful captains in cricket history, the champ has much more to offer via his batting skills.
Who will be India’s new T20I captain after Virat Kohli steps down?
Deciding to hang up his boots for T20I leadership after the big event due soon, Kohli has also hinted at Rohit Sharma as the new captain. In a heartfelt note of retirement, he wrote that he discussed his retirement decision with management and the hitman.
Kohli, the T20I cricket veteran, or certainly, all-format-cricket veteran, was yet to win an ICC title as a captain. To ease the workload of years-old rendering and leading India in all three formats, he has taken a ‘wise’ decision to step down giving room to others to try big. Also, India’s chances may be polished to win a big event under Sharma who is the most successful IPL skipper.
He is now seeking to step in the field as a batsman working under a new, ‘to be announced’ skipper. Notably, T20 World Cup 2021 will be his last task as a T20I captain.
- Australia tour of Pakistan: What thing David Warner enjoyed the most?
- Pak W vs SL W: Pakistan thrash away Sri Lanka to win 3-match T20I series
- PCB Conditioning camp to resume on May 29
- SMI vs MAR Live Score, ECS Sweden, Stockholm, 2022 Live Score, SMI vs MAR Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- STT vs UME Live Score, ECS Sweden, Stockholm, 2022 Live Score, STT vs UME Dream11 Prediction, Lineup