Table of Contents
Abid Ali and his Test innings are not a new failure in the town. If we look at his last thirteen test innings, they range as 0, 16, 20, 60, 1, 42, 25, 0, 25, 26, 4, 10, and 6 respectively. Horrendous? Yes! People wonder why the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) is still giving him back-to-back chances despite the ultimate failures.
Pakistan’s batting line-up collision in the top-order is not hidden. Watchers have witnessed it several times. Nothing worked out against New Zealand and here comes repetition against South Africa.
No solid opener and top-order batter are the critical issues that men in green are suffering. The game letter begets to depend upon mid-over players. A few names can be mentioned such as Babar Azam, Fawad Alam, Mohammad Rizwan, and Faheem Ashraf.
The spectators wonder what the top-order is meant for. After Abid smashed 174 against Sri Lanka in the Karachi test, he is short o flexibility for a longer tenure.
The question that arises is, why PCB is continuing to give chances despite these failures. One can undertake different reasons for consecutive chances for Abid Ali.
Maybe the team is short of consistent openers or maybe the PCB does not want to bring much domestic talent at once.
Pak vs SA: Why PCB is giving consecutive chances to Abid Ali?
Before Waseem’s selection post, domestic players were not given proper chances, however, a few players have been enlisted against SA. Tabish-Nauman showed their potent but Imran’s show is yet to begin.
- TAD vs DB Live Score, Abu Dhabi T10 League 2023 Live Score, TAD vs DB Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- PSL 9: Karachi Kings welcome Shan Masood
- ‘Babar Azam was about to cry,’ Gurbaz rewinds World Cup 2023
- MNT vs IC Live Score, Legends League Cricket 2023 Live Score, MNT vs IC Dream11 Prediction, Lineup
- BAD vs BEN Live Score, ECS T10 Malta 2023 Live Score, BAD vs BEN Live Score Updates,